It's App State Hate Week! Enough said. Georgia Southern heads to Boone to take on the No. 20 Mountaineers on Halloween night. Our Eagles are on a three-game winning streak after dominating New Mexico State in a rainy Paulson Stadium. Oh, and it looks like we may have our third-straight game in inclement weather. Hear why Matt and Cody thinks we may have a recipe for a huge upset over another ranked App State team.
- New Mexico State Recap
- Wesley Kennedy III Will Be the Best Player on the Field in Boone
- Recipe for an Upset: Signs Point in Our Favor
- Predictions: Georgia Southern at App State
We bring this episode of GATA Talk to you with a heavy heart. After recording, we found out that freshman offensive lineman Jordan Wiggins died Monday, Oct. 21. This episode is dedicated to you, Jordan. Reeling from the loss of one of their brothers, the Eagles prepare to face the winless Aggies of New Mexico State for homecoming. Matt and Cody recap another close victory that puts us in the hunt for a Sun Belt championship and discuss what it will take to get more Ws against tougher conference opponents in the second half of the season.
- Tribute to Jordan Wiggins
- Another OT Victory: What Will It Take to Start Pulling Away?
- Is the GS Offense Too Predictable?
- Mo Bamba Penalty and Other Terrible Calls
- Is Coastal Carolina Becoming a Rivalry Game?
- Looking for a Statement Win Over the Winless Aggies
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. New Mexico State
We are back with a BIG announcement. GATA Talk has entered a partnership with Eagle Sports Insider, the Georgia Southern affiliate for 247Sports! You'll now be able to find our latest episodes on ESI as well at GATATalk.com and anywhere you listen to podcasts. We'll also be providing some unique content to ESI and facilitating some conversations on their forums. Justin Judy, the head man at ESI, will join the podcast periodically to discuss recruiting news and trends. Oh yeah, we're also previewing a huge home game against Coastal Carolina. Buckle up!
- Announcing a Partnership with 247 Sports and Eagle Sports Insider
- A Look at Georgia Southern's Top Commits for 2020
- Logan Wright Injury: What It Means for the Backfield
- Trouble Up Front: Offensive Line Woes Continue
- Can Shai and Kennedy Get the Offense Moving?
- The Need for Scoring More than 30 Points Per Game
- Can the Defense Have Another Strong Showing?
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs The Angry Chickens
The season hasn't gone the way anyone wanted, but there's still a lot to play for. Matt and Cody address the 1-3 start and why it's too early to hit the panic button or throw in the towel. They also preview the matchup with South Alabama on a short week and what needs to happen to right the ship against a Jaguars team on a nationally televised Thursday night game.
- No Need for Panic: A Message to Eagle Nation
- Three Winnable Games Ahead
- Defense Has to Play Better
- Option Is Working, Just Need to Finish
- South Alabama Preview and Predictions