Georgia Southern is limping into Sun Belt Conference play at 1-2 on the season following a 45-10 loss to a ranked Arkansas team. As the Eagles return home to Paulson Stadium, Matt and Cody discuss what it will take to turn things around, break down the few positives from the blowout in Fayetteville and preview the conference opener against Louisiana.
- Back-to-Back 30+ Point Losses: A First for GS
- Arkansas May Not Be Our Biggest Test of the Season
- It's Completely Acceptable to Compare Ourselves to Our Peers
- Tough Questions and Great Answers in Team Press Conference
- Louisiana Preview: Stopping Levi Lewis and Getting Running Game Going
In perhaps the most emotional episode of GATA Talk to date, Matt and Cody discuss Georgia Southern's blowout loss to FAU, a divided fan base and what it all means moving forward.
- FAU: What Went Wrong?
- College Football Is a Business and Fans Are Allowed to Be Critical
- Lose the Slogans, Props and Gimmicks and Return to GS Football
- Arkansas: Shocking Upset or 70-point Blowout - Could Go Either Way
It wasn't pretty, but Georgia Southern got its first win of 2021 against FCS Gardner-Webb. Matt and Cody discuss why the five-point win is concerning moving forward and why this game shouldn't be written off with the "a win is a win" attitude. The guys also preview FAU in what will be a long game for the Eagles if things don't improve significantly.
- Why a Five-Point Win Against a Pedestrian Big South School Won't Cut It
- This Game Is Not the Same as the Campbell Nail-biter Last Year
- Both Young QBs Look Promising in Debut
- Who Gets the Start at QB Against FAU?
- Defensive Concerns, Especially the Secondary
- FAU: More Potent Offense and Equally Strong Defense as 2020 Owls