Matt and Cody recap the heartbreaking loss to Minnesota in the Twin Cities. As the Eagles reset during their bye week, what did the guys see from the loss to the Golden Gophers that have them encouraged moving into conference play? And what areas still need to be addressed if the Eagles are to accomplish their goal of winning the Sun Belt?
- Getting Out to a Fast Start
- Do We Feel Better About Our Ability to Compete on the Road?
- What Needs to Be Corrected Before Louisiana?
- How Much of a Drop Off Is There Between Tomlin and Werts?
- Defense Played Out of Their Minds, Despite Final Drive
- Reynard Ellis Is a Baller
- Was This Minnesota Game "Circled" at the Beginning of the Year?
Georgia Southern improved to 1-1 on the season with a 26-18 win over FCS foe Maine. While it might not have been the prettiest game, the guys break down the positives and negatives from the Eagles' first victory of the 2019 season. They also preview our second Power 5 opponent of the year as Georgia Southern heads up to Minneapolis and Saint Paul to take on the Golden Gophers of Minnesota.
- Positives and Negatives from the Maine Win
- Justin Tomlin Showed Out: Will He Be the Starter at Minnesota?
- How Much of a Drop Off Is There Between Werts and Tomlin?
- Keys to Victory Against Minnesota
- Can the Eagles Play Better on the Road Against a Good Opponent?
- Predictions for Georgia Southern vs. Minnesota
Matt & Cody break down a tough loss to No. 6 LSU and what that may mean for the rest of the season. While the the record may be what most expected entering Week 2, the result certainly wasn't. What will it take for our Eagles to get back on track: A domination of FCS Maine.
- LSU: What Went Wrong?
- GS is 1-14 on the Road Against Teams with Plus-.500 record
- Maine Preview
In our first game preview of the season, the guys break down the huge Week 1 matchup between Georgia Southern and No. 6 LSU. Topics include the role JD King will play now that he is eligible, how the Eagles' stacked secondary will stack up against LSU quarterback Joe Burrow and how the GS offensive line will hold up after losing Brian Miller for the season.
- JD King Is Eligible: What Role Does He Play Against LSU?
- How Does the O-Line Hold up with Losing Brian Miller?
- Will the GS Offense Open up the Playbook Against the Tigers?
- How Will the GS Secondary Play Against Joe Burrow?
- LSU Has a Star Freshman RB: Can We Stop Him?
- Parallels to the Clemson Game
- Keys to a Gigantic Upset for Georgia Southern
Part 2 of GATA Talk's Georgia Southern football preview is here! In this episode, the guys break down what could be one of the best defenses in program history, along with a talented special teams unit. They also discuss the difficult 2019 schedule and what it will take to truly go from good to great in the second full season under Head Coach Chad Lunsford.
- Outlook for Defense in Year 2 Under Scot Sloan
- Defensive Line: Can They Get to the QBs?
- Linebackers Are a More Experienced Group in 2019
- Are Brinson and Vildor the Best Cornerback Duo in the Nation?
- How Will Our Safeties Look After Losing Moon and Freeman?
- Tyler Bass Could Be the Best Kicker in College Football
- WKIII Returns to Lead the Return Game
- Can Punting Improve?
- What Defines Going from Good to Great in 2019?