It's Thanksgiving week, and we're thankful for all of our listeners and the support they've given us this season. It's also App State Hate Week. Matt and Cody break down the BYU loss, the emergence of a new QB1 and what it will take to end the season with a win at The Rock.
- BYU, Connor Cigelske and Flying Burritos
- A Debate About the New "Indoor" Practice Facility
- Mullen Out at Florida: Potential that Helton Returns Home?
- Coaching Carousel: Chip Lindsey Out at Troy
- 12-Team Playoff Expansion and What It Means for Georgia Southern
- App State Preview: What It'll Take to End the Season with a Rivalry Win
Georgia Southern picked up its third win of the 2021 season with an ugly and down-right weird victory on the road against Texas State. Now, the Eagles face one of their biggest tests of the season as they host No. 14 BYU. Can the Eagles pull off the massive upset on senior night?
- A Strange Night in San Marcos
- A Tale of Two Quarterbacks
- BYU Preview: Perfect Night Needed for Eagles Upset
- USC Fans Are a Special Kind of Crazy
Georgia Southern is still searching for its third win of the 2021 season after a 28-8 loss in a cold and rainy Paulson Stadium at the hands of Coastal Carolina. But Matt and Cody look at the silver lining with more analysis on the Clay Helton hire and the possibility to seeing more Cam Ransom the rest of the season.
- Not Many Positives Against Coastal
- Clay Helton Knocks Introductory Press Conference Out of the Park
- Confirmation That a New Offensive Identity Is Coming
- GS Needed Clay Helton More Than Helton Needed GS
- USC Didn't Have a Clay Helton Problem, They have a USC Problem
- More Cam Ransom and Potential Under New Regime
What a whirlwind the last 24 hours has been. The Braves are world champions and Georgia Southern football has a new coach in former USC head coach Clay Helton, a name many didn't consider until it quickly surfaced and became official. Matt and Cody discuss the hire and its impact on recruiting, the future of the triple option and the potential for Georgia Southern football under Coach Helton.
- Clay Helton Is the Choice: Initial Reaction
- Recruiting, Timing and Impact
- Offensive Philosophy and Potential Staff
- Other Names Who Were Considered: Paul Johnson?
- Contract and Expectations
After a break from the bye week, GATA Talk is back! There is a TON to talk about, including conference realignment and a new and improved Sun Belt, the Georgia Southern coaching search and whether or not Georgia State is a rival.
- Conference Realignment Recap
- Sun Belt Adds Four: Now Best G5 Conference
- Matt's Top Three Coaches He Doesn't Want
- Georgia State: A Rival Whether We Like It or Not