We are back with a BIG announcement. GATA Talk has entered a partnership with Eagle Sports Insider, the Georgia Southern affiliate for 247Sports! You'll now be able to find our latest episodes on ESI as well at GATATalk.com and anywhere you listen to podcasts. We'll also be providing some unique content to ESI and facilitating some conversations on their forums. Justin Judy, the head man at ESI, will join the podcast periodically to discuss recruiting news and trends. Oh yeah, we're also previewing a huge home game against Coastal Carolina. Buckle up!
- Announcing a Partnership with 247 Sports and Eagle Sports Insider
- A Look at Georgia Southern's Top Commits for 2020
- Logan Wright Injury: What It Means for the Backfield
- Trouble Up Front: Offensive Line Woes Continue
- Can Shai and Kennedy Get the Offense Moving?
- The Need for Scoring More than 30 Points Per Game
- Can the Defense Have Another Strong Showing?
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs The Angry Chickens
The season hasn't gone the way anyone wanted, but there's still a lot to play for. Matt and Cody address the 1-3 start and why it's too early to hit the panic button or throw in the towel. They also preview the matchup with South Alabama on a short week and what needs to happen to right the ship against a Jaguars team on a nationally televised Thursday night game.
- No Need for Panic: A Message to Eagle Nation
- Three Winnable Games Ahead
- Defense Has to Play Better
- Option Is Working, Just Need to Finish
- South Alabama Preview and Predictions
Bring on conference play! Following their bye week, Georgia Southern hosts Louisiana to open Sun Belt Conference play this Saturday in the Prettiest Little Stadium in America. Matt and Cody break down keys to a big win, analyze our offensive struggles to this point and preview the Sun Belt as we enter Week 5 of the college football season.
- Baby Watch 2019 (Update: Baby Girl Is Here and Healthy)
- Wesley Kennedy III's Appeal Not Approved, Will Sit Out Saturday
- Will Shai Werts Be Back and in Full Form?
- Tale of Two Offenses
- How Does Our Defense Stack up to the Ragin' Cajuns' Potent Offense?
- Power of Paulson Will Be a Factor
- Sun Belt Recap and Preview
- Prediction Time!
Matt and Cody recap the heartbreaking loss to Minnesota in the Twin Cities. As the Eagles reset during their bye week, what did the guys see from the loss to the Golden Gophers that have them encouraged moving into conference play? And what areas still need to be addressed if the Eagles are to accomplish their goal of winning the Sun Belt?
- Getting Out to a Fast Start
- Do We Feel Better About Our Ability to Compete on the Road?
- What Needs to Be Corrected Before Louisiana?
- How Much of a Drop Off Is There Between Tomlin and Werts?
- Defense Played Out of Their Minds, Despite Final Drive
- Reynard Ellis Is a Baller
- Was This Minnesota Game "Circled" at the Beginning of the Year?
Georgia Southern improved to 1-1 on the season with a 26-18 win over FCS foe Maine. While it might not have been the prettiest game, the guys break down the positives and negatives from the Eagles' first victory of the 2019 season. They also preview our second Power 5 opponent of the year as Georgia Southern heads up to Minneapolis and Saint Paul to take on the Golden Gophers of Minnesota.
- Positives and Negatives from the Maine Win
- Justin Tomlin Showed Out: Will He Be the Starter at Minnesota?
- How Much of a Drop Off Is There Between Werts and Tomlin?
- Keys to Victory Against Minnesota
- Can the Eagles Play Better on the Road Against a Good Opponent?
- Predictions for Georgia Southern vs. Minnesota