We're going bowling and App State is home for the holidays! Matt and Cody react to the thrilling win over the Mountaineers in the regular season finale and discuss possible bowl destinations.
- Wild Shootout Win Against Our Hated Rival
- Defense Did Just Enough When It Mattered Most
- Walk-Ons and Young Guns Showed Up and Showed Out
- Bowl Projections: Possible Bowl Destinations and Opponents
- What a Bowl Win and a 7-6 Season Would Mean for 2023
One game to decide it all. Happy Thanksgiving week, Eagle Nation! Georgia Southern heads into the final game of the regular season with their postseason dreams on the line. And it all comes down to Hate Week — a rivalry game with App State with a bowl eligibility at stake for both teams.
- Marshall Loss: Defense Played Better, but Injuries Taking a Toll
- Student Section and Attendance: Not Apples to Apples
- Hate Week: What a Win and a Bowl Game Would Mean for 2023
- Pack Paulson: Be the Change You Want to Be
Buckle your seat belts, Eagle Nation, we're fired up! After a frustrating loss in the final road game of the regular season, Georgia Southern returns home still searching for its sixth win and bowl eligibility. Matt and Cody discuss the disappointing Thursday night loss on national TV, our pathetic excuse for a defense and what needs to change scheme, attitude and culture wise to get that elusive sixth win of the season against a solid Marshall team.
- Our Defense Is Worthless: Something Has to Change to Win Another Game
- Defense Needs to Play Angry, Prove Everyone Wrong
- Offensive Struggles: Injuries, Play Calling or Defensive Pressure?
- Previewing Marshall: Another Top Defense Heads to Paulson
- Stopping the Herd's Running Game Is Key, But a Huge Ask for our D
- Losing Against Marshall Likely Means 0-4 to Close the Season
After a frustrating loss to South Alabama in Paulson Stadium, Georgia Southern heads to Lafayette, Louisiana, for its final road game of the regular season. Can the Eagles bounce back and become bowl eligible with a Thursday-night win against the Ragin' Cajuns on national TV?
- South Alabama May Be the Most Frustrating Loss Yet
- Defense Will Not Win Us Games or Maintain Leads
- Offensive Production Slowed Without Slew of Weapons
- 3-and-1 Vanilla Play Calling Is a Big Concern
- Previewing Louisiana: Ragin' Cajuns Blew Their Own Lead
- Different Louisiana Team Than Past Years
- Eagles Still Have Plenty to Play for, and It Starts Thursday
After a much needed bye week, GATA Talk is back to get you ready for a huge matchup with South Alabama as the Jaguars head to Paulson Stadium. Georgia Southern improved to 5-3 on the year with a big road win against ODU in Virginia two weeks ago and now looks to become bowl eligible with a win against South Alabama in Statesboro.
- ODU Recap: Most Well-Rounded Win Thus Far
- Defense Improving Little by Little
- Thank You Amare Jones!
- South Alabama Preview: Jaguars Have Many Similarities to JMU
- Keys to a Win Against S. Alabama
- Fun Facts Officially Retired for the Season