Georgia Southern enters Sun Belt Conference play this week at 3-1 after a home win against Ball State. The Eagles now head to Conway, S.C., to face Coastal Carolina and — possibly for the first time — Grayson McCall.
- Ball State Recap: No Quit in This Eagles Team
- OJ Arnold Is Going to a Problem for Opposing Teams
- Coastal Preview: McCall Could Miss Another One Against Us
- Keys to a Win Against Coastal
- Fun "Facts" About Conway, South Carolina
Georgia Southern comes away with its first loss of the season after an UGLY game in Birmingham against UAB. Matt and Cody break down the frustrating loss, but explain why they remain optimistic for the rest of the season. It starts this Saturday as the team returns home to Paulson Stadium to close out the non-conference slate against Ball State of the MAC.
- Two Weddings...And a Funeral in Birmingham
- Kyle Vantrease Had an Off Day, But It's Not the Norm
- Finding an Answer for Defenses Dropping Eight
- Defense Has to Tackle Better and Take Better Angles
- The Hangover Was STRONG for the Sun Belt
- Previewing Ball State: From Mason Jars to RBs with Pet Alligators
IT'S CORN!!! Georgia Southern heads into Lincoln, Nebraska, and comes away with its first Power Five win as an FBS program, beating the Cornhuskers 45-42 in front of a sellout crowd at Memorial Stadium. Matt and Cody give their thoughts on the historic win, the faster-than-expected evolution of the Eagles' offense and what needs to happen to keep this momentum going. The guys also preview another tough road test as GS heads to Birmingham to take on UAB. Do the Eagles keep rolling, or will there be a hangover from the party in Lincoln?
- Why This Nebraska Win Is Special
- Why This Eagles Team Is Different
- Kyle Vantrease Played Like a Man Possessed
- We Can Still Run the Football
- UAB Preview: Well-Coached Team Not to be Taken Lightly
- Keys to a Win Against UAB
The Clay Helton era of Georgia Southern football officially began with an expected win over FCS opponent Morgan State, but it was how our Eagles won that is the story. Matt and Cody break down the lopsided season opener and what (if at all) it tells us about this team. The guys also preview the first real test of the young season as the Eagles make the long trip to Lincoln, Nebraska, to face the Cornhuskers out of the Big Ten.
- New GS Offense Starts Slow, But Finishes Dominant
- Defense Pitches Shutout: Thoughts on New-Look Defense
- Refreshing Blowout Against an FCS Foe
- How Is This Different Than the 2016 Savannah State Win?
- Previewing Nebraska: Winnable Game Against Struggling Cornhuskers
- Keys to Winning in Helton's Road Debut with GS
September 3 is right around the corner and GATA Talk is here to get you ready for the start of the 2022 Georgia Southern football season opener again Morgan State. Matt and Cody dispute what pundits are saying about the transition to a more balanced or pass-heavy offensive attack and answer some tough questions about keys to a successful 2022 campaign.
- How Long Will the Offensive Transition Take?
- Scrimmage Analysis
- Defense Looking Sharp Under Will Harris
- If/Then: Addressing Scenarios for a Successful 2022 Season
- Previewing Morgan State - HBCU out of the MEAC