After recording our two-part season finale, Georgia Southern AD Tom Kleinlein decided to resign from his position to take an admin role at Ole Miss. Matt and Cody talk about what this means for the GS athletics department moving forward and who they would like to see take over as the new AD.
- Opening Thoughts on TK Resignation
- How Will TK Be Remembered?
- AD Isn't Just About Football
- Qualities We Want in the Next AD
- Wish List for Next AD
For Part 2 of our Cure Bowl preview, we break down our matchup with the Liberty Flames. We discuss what it will take to win and how a victory sets a precedent for what's to come next season. Jon Manson, owner and operator of A Sea of Red joins us to talk about about Liberty and what to expect from the FBS independent Flames.
- Cure Bowl Bid Not Surprising, Opponent Was
- Flames Haven't Been Tested Much This Season
- Liberty Has a QB Named Buckshot and an NFL-Quality WR
- How Will Liberty Defend the Option?
- A Win Could Set GS up for a Special 2020 Season
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. Liberty
- Interview with Jon Manson from A Sea of Red
Let's go bowling in Orlando! For the first part of our two-episode Cure Bowl preview, Matt gives his insight on what to see, where to eat and how to get around Orlando as Eagle Nation soars into Central Florida. This is a must-listen for anyone making the trip down to the Sunshine State. Part 2 of our preview will cover Georgia Southern's Cure Bowl matchup with the Liberty Flames.
- Orlando Is Spread Out: Universal vs. Downtown
- Beware of I-4 Construction, Heavy Traffic and Universal Parking Fees
- Where to Stay and How to Get Around
- Food Guide: Where to Eat Downtown and in Area Neighborhoods
- Things to Do Outside of the Theme Parks
- Gameday Central: Transit and Parking Options
- Best Bars: Top Picks Downtown and Elsewhere
Georgia Southern finished the regular season 7-5 after beating that suitcase college from Atlanta for the first time in the friendly confines of Paulson Stadium. Now, it's on to one more game just one more time in 2019 — we just don't know where yet (at least at the time of this recording). Reflect on the season that was with Matt and Cody, hear their thoughts on how seven wins stacks up with everything this program has faced, and listen to their wish list and predictions of bowl destinations in this regular season finale of GATA Talk.
- Evening the Series with Atlanta Commuter College Tech - About Time
- Dan Ellington Is a Warrior Playing on a Torn ACL
- JD King Had Himself a Day
- Defense Showed up and Showed out
- The Attendance Was Accurate, and the Crowd Was Fantastic
- Reflections on the Regular Season: 7-5 Remarkable with All the Adversity
- Bowl Matchup: Wish List and Projections
Georgia Southern looks to get its seventh win on the 2019 season and go 2-0 in rivalry games this year by beating that suitcase college from Atlanta this Saturday. The Eagles will honor 17 seniors this weekend for their final home game in Paulson Stadium. Matt and Cody discuss why things look promising to get a victory against the Georgia Perimeter Kitty Cats and enter the bowl season on winning note.
- Plenty to Still Play for This Saturday
- Werts Showcased His Toughness Against StAte.
- Ark State Outcome May Have Been Different with J.D. King
- Playing with the "Scout Team" O-Line
- What Coach Elliott Is Doing to Ellington Is Borderline Criminal
- Key to Victory: Get a Pass Rush and Keep Them Guessing
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. GagSt