Breaking news leads to an impromptu episode of GATA Talk! All signs point to the College Football Playoff expanding from four teams to 12, including guaranteeing at least one spot for a Group of Five champion. Matt and Cody discuss what this means for the Sun Belt, Georgia Southern and football as a whole.
- What Would a 12-Team Format Look Like?
- 2020 Would Have Featured Two G5 Schools
- Expansion's Impact on Recruiting, Transfer Portal and NIL
- Could Georgia Southern Make a 12-Team Playoff?
- How Long Before a G5 Cinderella?
- Why the Expansion Is Great for College Football
Your favorite Georgia Southern football podcast is back for Season 4! And buckle up, Eagle Nation, because it's a long one. Matt and Cody discuss everything from basketball (as promised) to FCS spring football to a clearer QB competition coming out of spring camp.
- Life News: Baby No. 3 for Cody and Matt Moving Out West
- Men's and Women's Basketball Season Recaps
- FCS Spring Football: The Lack of Attention Is Warranted
- Georgia Southern Spring Camp and Spring Game Recap
- No James Graham for Much of Camp: Is It Tomlin's Time?
- Is There a Waffle House in Colorado?
- Preseason Predictions: What to Respect and What to Dismiss
- Schedule Is Brutal and the Sun Belt Is Only Getting Better
- Question Marks Outside of QB Going Into 2021
- GS Is Finding Success Outside of Football
After a break for the holidays, GATA Talk is back for our Season 3 finale! And boy do we have plenty to talk about, including the New Orleans Bowl, offensive coaching changes, the transfer portal, Shai Werts' legacy and how the Sun Belt Conference grew stronger in the offseason.
- We're Now on PayPal: Consider Tipping Your Favorite Podcasters (Link)
- New Orleans Bowl Recap
- Shai Werts' Legacy at Georgia Southern
- Coaching Changes: Offensive Overhaul and What It Means
- Transfer Portal: Players Leaving, Players Staying and New Commits
- Looking Ahead to 2021: Shaping Up to Be a Fun Year
- Sun Belt Got Better with Coaching Carousel
So much to talk about has led to our longest episode EVER! Matt and Cody touch on recruiting, the App State loss, the regular season as a whole and preview the New Orleans Bowl matchup with Louisiana Tech.
- Achieving the Improbable: 12 Regular Season Games in 2020
- National Signing Day: Highly-Rated Recruits and Transfers
- App State Recap: Mosely, Plungers and What Went Wrong
- Regular Season Recap: 7-5 and Potential for 2021
- New Orleans Bowl: Battle of the Backup QBs
- Rest of the Sun Belt Pulling for GS?
- Where Does the Sun Belt Rank in the Group of 5?
- G5s Will Never Make Current CFP & Possibilities of Expansion
It's App State Hate Week...again. For the first time in eight years, Georgia Southern will play their arch rival on a Saturday. Matt and Cody recap the FAU game, positives and negatives they saw with the "new" offense and what it will take to pick up a third straight win against the goat-loving Mountaineers from Boone.
- This One's for You, Brant from Metter!
- FAU Recap: Defense Shows Up and Shows Out
- Thoughts on Justin Tomlin and the Up-Tempo Ruse Offense
- A Way Too In-Depth Debate About Our Kicking Game
- App State Preview: Bragging Rights and Second Place in the East on the Line
- Will an Explosive Offensive Showing Shore Up the OC Job for Ruse?
- Will Werts Play, and What's the Outlook If He Does?