Another week brings more off-the-field drama to discuss. Matt and Cody talk about the removal of Gavin Adcock from the team, the heartbreaking loss against Troy and what Georgia Southern needs to do to turn things around on a short week as the Eagles head back to the Yellowhammer State to face the South Alabama Jaguars.
- Gavin Adcock Dismissed: Comes Down to Respect for the Blue and White
- Troy Recap: What Went Right and What Went Wrong
- Is It Time to Play Cam Ransom More?
- South Alabama Preview: Keys to a Win on a Short Week
Georgia Southern is 1-0 in the Kevin Whitley era after a blowout win over Arkansas State to improve to 1-1 in Sun Belt play and 2-3 on the season. Matt and Cody discuss the game, what felt different with the team and the test the lies ahead on the road against a tough Troy defense.
- Arkansas State Win: Team Responds Well and Shows Out for Four Quarters
- Breaking Negative Streaks: Turnovers and Third-Quarter Scoring
- Logan Wright's Big Day
- Soul of the Team: NaJee Thompson, Logan Wright & CJ Wright
- Troy Preview: Eagles Go Up Against Top 20 Rush Defense
- Why the StAte Win Isn't Like the 2017 South Alabama Win
- Subtle Changes Seem to Be Working Under Whitley
Georgia Southern becomes just the third FBS team this season to fire its head coach. A viral video of player misconduct seemed to force the issue of head coach Chad Lunsford's dismissal following a 1-3 start to the season. Matt and Cody discuss the decision, the bus surfing video, interim coach Kevin Whitley, where the team goes from here and the future of Georgia Southern's offensive scheme in this jam-packed episode.
- The Chad Lunsford Era Is Over
- Bus Controversy a Discipline and a Safety Issue
- Kevin Whitley Name Interim and the Message That Sends from Benko
- Louisiana Recap and Arkansas State Preview
- Eagles Still Scoreless in 3rd Quarter and Still Zero Turnovers
- Expect a National Search for New Coach, Not Just the Same Retreads
- Offensive Direction: It's NOT Triple Option or Bust
Georgia Southern is limping into Sun Belt Conference play at 1-2 on the season following a 45-10 loss to a ranked Arkansas team. As the Eagles return home to Paulson Stadium, Matt and Cody discuss what it will take to turn things around, break down the few positives from the blowout in Fayetteville and preview the conference opener against Louisiana.
- Back-to-Back 30+ Point Losses: A First for GS
- Arkansas May Not Be Our Biggest Test of the Season
- It's Completely Acceptable to Compare Ourselves to Our Peers
- Tough Questions and Great Answers in Team Press Conference
- Louisiana Preview: Stopping Levi Lewis and Getting Running Game Going
In perhaps the most emotional episode of GATA Talk to date, Matt and Cody discuss Georgia Southern's blowout loss to FAU, a divided fan base and what it all means moving forward.
- FAU: What Went Wrong?
- College Football Is a Business and Fans Are Allowed to Be Critical
- Lose the Slogans, Props and Gimmicks and Return to GS Football
- Arkansas: Shocking Upset or 70-point Blowout - Could Go Either Way