Let's try this again, shall we? Shane Marinelli, FAU insider and host of Inside the Burrow, joins the pod once again to discuss the Owls ahead of Saturday's rescheduled game. We asked Shane about the COVID-19 situation at FAU, breaking in a true freshman QB and his thoughts on why the defense has been so strong this year.
- COVID-19 in Boca: FAU Has Had SEVEN Games Cancelled or Postponed
- Shane's Thoughts on QB Javion Posey and What He Brings to the Offense
- FAU Defense a Surprise in 2020
- Thoughts on Willie Taggart in His First Season with the Owls
- Unsung Hero on FAU: Who Should GS Fans Watch For?
For the second straight week there is plenty to discuss in the world of Georgia Southern football. Following a lose to (rival?) Georgia State, head coach Chad Lunsford made a change at the offensive coordinator position, relieving Bob DeBesse of his duties and moving former OC Doug Ruse into the interim role. Matt and Cody discuss what Ruse may bring to the offense, what our depleted defense may look like moving forward and what it will take to beat a very good FAU team.
- DeBesse Out: Right Decision, But Timing Seems Odd
- Was the Georgia State Loss the Nail in the Coffin?
- What Will the Offense Look Like Under Ruse?
- Lunsford Should be Open to National OC Search
- Special Teams and Kicking Game
- Logan Wright Has Himself a Game
- Reynard Ellis Opts Out
- FAU Preview: Terrific Defense and Athletic QB
- Willie Taggart Is Good: Can't Get Out-coached Saturday
So much to talk about this week, so buckle up! Matt and Cody discuss the letdown against Army, the final drive, potentially losing several key players to legal issues, and whether Georgia State is a true rival.
- Luck Finally Works Against Eagles in Army Loss
- Special Teams a Growing Concern
- Offense: The Case to Make a Change Now and Why We Won't
- The Final Drive and the Decision Not to Kick
- Werts vs. Tomlin and the Future of the QB Position
- Wesley Kennedy, C.J. Wright and others Arrested
- Time for Jalen White to Shine?
- Why Losing Wright May Have Bigger Impact Than Losing Kennedy
- Debate: Is Georgia State a True Rival?
- Previewing Georgia State: Another Potent Offense Capable to Putting up Points
After another close win to improve to 6-2 on the season, Georgia Southern hits the road to face an unfamiliar opponent with a very familiar head coach. Matt and Cody break down the 40-38 win against Texas State and preview Saturday's big matchup with Army and Jeff Monken.
- Another Squeaker: Positives and Negatives on All Three Phases
- Georgia Southern 2020 Is a Gem for Networks and Third-Party Viewers
- Room for Improvement: Red Zone Efficiency and Explosive Plays
- Is Special Teams a Concern?
- Previewing Army: New Opponent with Familiar Coach
- Can't Get Overconfident In Our Ability to Stop the Run
- Keys to a Victory: Should We Pass More Against Army?
- Reminiscing on the Jeff Monken Era and What He Meant to the Program
It came down to the wire once again, but Georgia Southern came away with it's fifth win of the 2020 season last week, beating troy for the first time in four tries. Now the Eagles set their sights on the Texas State Bobcats, a team with more talent and offensive firepower than their record would lead you to believe.
- Defense Shows Up and Shows Out Once Again
- Shout Outs for Stellar Performances
- Offense Racking Up Yards and Controlling Clock, But Not Scoring TDs
- Previewing Texas State: Dangerous Game for the Eagles
- We've Seen Two of the Best Catches in GS History in 2020
- Kicking Game Is Fine: No Need to Panic