Matt & Cody break down a tough loss to No. 6 LSU and what that may mean for the rest of the season. While the the record may be what most expected entering Week 2, the result certainly wasn't. What will it take for our Eagles to get back on track: A domination of FCS Maine.
- LSU: What Went Wrong?
- GS is 1-14 on the Road Against Teams with Plus-.500 record
- Maine Preview
In our first game preview of the season, the guys break down the huge Week 1 matchup between Georgia Southern and No. 6 LSU. Topics include the role JD King will play now that he is eligible, how the Eagles' stacked secondary will stack up against LSU quarterback Joe Burrow and how the GS offensive line will hold up after losing Brian Miller for the season.
- JD King Is Eligible: What Role Does He Play Against LSU?
- How Does the O-Line Hold up with Losing Brian Miller?
- Will the GS Offense Open up the Playbook Against the Tigers?
- How Will the GS Secondary Play Against Joe Burrow?
- LSU Has a Star Freshman RB: Can We Stop Him?
- Parallels to the Clemson Game
- Keys to a Gigantic Upset for Georgia Southern
Part 2 of GATA Talk's Georgia Southern football preview is here! In this episode, the guys break down what could be one of the best defenses in program history, along with a talented special teams unit. They also discuss the difficult 2019 schedule and what it will take to truly go from good to great in the second full season under Head Coach Chad Lunsford.
- Outlook for Defense in Year 2 Under Scot Sloan
- Defensive Line: Can They Get to the QBs?
- Linebackers Are a More Experienced Group in 2019
- Are Brinson and Vildor the Best Cornerback Duo in the Nation?
- How Will Our Safeties Look After Losing Moon and Freeman?
- Tyler Bass Could Be the Best Kicker in College Football
- WKIII Returns to Lead the Return Game
- Can Punting Improve?
- What Defines Going from Good to Great in 2019?
The boys are back and finally talking exclusively about our Georgia Southern Eagles after what has been an extremely eventful fall camp. Matt and Cody break down the Shai Werts arrest and dropped charges, the Quan Griffin arrest, the JD King transfer appeal and break down the Georgia Southern offense in Part 1 of their 2019 GS football preview.
- #PoopGate - Character of Werts on Display
- Quan Griffin's Time at GS Likely Done
- Why Is the JD King Decision Taking So Long?
- Will the Passing Game Evolve in Year Two Under Bob DeBesse
- Could This Be the Year of Shai Werts?
- Running Back Talent Is Rampant
- How Will WR Transfers Affect Depth?
- How Will Losses on O-Line Affect Production?
On our second episode, the guys break down the East division of the Sun Belt conference, including the coaching changes at App State and Troy and the importance of culture within a college football program.
- Does Drinkwitz Have What It Takes for App to Repeat?
- What Will App State's Defense Be Like Under Ted Roof?
- Will Troy Keep Rolling Under Chip Lindsey?
- Can Coastal Carolina Turn the Corner and Make a Bowl?
- Tough Question: Who Will Win the East Division?