Georgia Southern rebounded from its letdown against Troy to beat ULM 51-29 last week in dominate fashion at a rainy and cold Paulson Stadium. The Eagles now head to Jonesboro, Arkansas, where they hope to better their bowl game positioning and hold on to the hope of a Sun Belt East division title. To do so, they'll have to have an answer for the Red Wolves' explosive passing attack, led by Omar Bayless, one of the nation's best receivers.
- Winning in All Three Phases
- Beck Is Unsung Hero of Special Teams
- JD King Becoming Workhorse of the Offense
- Werts Managed the Game Well
- Keys to a Win Over Arkansas State
- Vildor or Brinson vs. Omar Bayless?
- Defense Must Play Aggressive Against Hatcher
- Predictions: Georgia Southern at Arkansas State
How will Georgia Southern respond after losing big against Troy and hurting their chances at a East Division crown and a spot in the Sun Belt Championship? Matt and Cody discuss what happened with a deja vu moment that was reminiscent of the ULM loss last year after knocking off a ranked App State team. Now, the Eagles are back home in the comfort of Paulson Stadium to face the Warhawks from Monroe, Louisiana. Can they get revenge, become bowl eligible and right the ship with a glimmer of hope at a division title?
- Troy Loss Falls on Coaching
- Defense Not Ready for the Hurry Up
- Offense Abandoned the Run Too Early
- Both Lines Have to Play Better to Beat ULM
- Stopping ULM Lies in Stopping Caleb Evans
- How Will the O-Line Hold up Without Dowdell?
- Bring on the Rain!
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. ULM
It is well with our souls! Georgia Southern is in the driver seat now for the East Division and a shot at the Sun Belt championship after a 24-21 win over App State last week. Matt and Cody recap the first victory in Boone since they were students back in 2007 and describe what they think is the blueprint for winning out and taking the Sun Belt crown. They also preview the most important game of the season — the next one — as the Eagles head to Troy, Alabama, to face the struggling Trojans.
- Blueprint for Winning: The Antithesis of the Sun Belt
- Wesley Kennedy III Continues to Shine
- Start the Petition: We Should Only Play in Bad Weather Moving Forward :)
- Eagles Don't Beat Eagles: Will Get Tougher as Target Is on Our Backs
- Troy Kicks off Four-Game Stretch Against Prolific Offenses
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. Troy
It's App State Hate Week! Enough said. Georgia Southern heads to Boone to take on the No. 20 Mountaineers on Halloween night. Our Eagles are on a three-game winning streak after dominating New Mexico State in a rainy Paulson Stadium. Oh, and it looks like we may have our third-straight game in inclement weather. Hear why Matt and Cody thinks we may have a recipe for a huge upset over another ranked App State team.
- New Mexico State Recap
- Wesley Kennedy III Will Be the Best Player on the Field in Boone
- Recipe for an Upset: Signs Point in Our Favor
- Predictions: Georgia Southern at App State
We bring this episode of GATA Talk to you with a heavy heart. After recording, we found out that freshman offensive lineman Jordan Wiggins died Monday, Oct. 21. This episode is dedicated to you, Jordan. Reeling from the loss of one of their brothers, the Eagles prepare to face the winless Aggies of New Mexico State for homecoming. Matt and Cody recap another close victory that puts us in the hunt for a Sun Belt championship and discuss what it will take to get more Ws against tougher conference opponents in the second half of the season.
- Tribute to Jordan Wiggins
- Another OT Victory: What Will It Take to Start Pulling Away?
- Is the GS Offense Too Predictable?
- Mo Bamba Penalty and Other Terrible Calls
- Is Coastal Carolina Becoming a Rivalry Game?
- Looking for a Statement Win Over the Winless Aggies
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. New Mexico State