Georgia Southern finished the regular season 7-5 after beating that suitcase college from Atlanta for the first time in the friendly confines of Paulson Stadium. Now, it's on to one more game just one more time in 2019 — we just don't know where yet (at least at the time of this recording). Reflect on the season that was with Matt and Cody, hear their thoughts on how seven wins stacks up with everything this program has faced, and listen to their wish list and predictions of bowl destinations in this regular season finale of GATA Talk.
- Evening the Series with Atlanta Commuter College Tech - About Time
- Dan Ellington Is a Warrior Playing on a Torn ACL
- JD King Had Himself a Day
- Defense Showed up and Showed out
- The Attendance Was Accurate, and the Crowd Was Fantastic
- Reflections on the Regular Season: 7-5 Remarkable with All the Adversity
- Bowl Matchup: Wish List and Projections
Georgia Southern looks to get its seventh win on the 2019 season and go 2-0 in rivalry games this year by beating that suitcase college from Atlanta this Saturday. The Eagles will honor 17 seniors this weekend for their final home game in Paulson Stadium. Matt and Cody discuss why things look promising to get a victory against the Georgia Perimeter Kitty Cats and enter the bowl season on winning note.
- Plenty to Still Play for This Saturday
- Werts Showcased His Toughness Against StAte.
- Ark State Outcome May Have Been Different with J.D. King
- Playing with the "Scout Team" O-Line
- What Coach Elliott Is Doing to Ellington Is Borderline Criminal
- Key to Victory: Get a Pass Rush and Keep Them Guessing
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. GagSt
Georgia Southern rebounded from its letdown against Troy to beat ULM 51-29 last week in dominate fashion at a rainy and cold Paulson Stadium. The Eagles now head to Jonesboro, Arkansas, where they hope to better their bowl game positioning and hold on to the hope of a Sun Belt East division title. To do so, they'll have to have an answer for the Red Wolves' explosive passing attack, led by Omar Bayless, one of the nation's best receivers.
- Winning in All Three Phases
- Beck Is Unsung Hero of Special Teams
- JD King Becoming Workhorse of the Offense
- Werts Managed the Game Well
- Keys to a Win Over Arkansas State
- Vildor or Brinson vs. Omar Bayless?
- Defense Must Play Aggressive Against Hatcher
- Predictions: Georgia Southern at Arkansas State
How will Georgia Southern respond after losing big against Troy and hurting their chances at a East Division crown and a spot in the Sun Belt Championship? Matt and Cody discuss what happened with a deja vu moment that was reminiscent of the ULM loss last year after knocking off a ranked App State team. Now, the Eagles are back home in the comfort of Paulson Stadium to face the Warhawks from Monroe, Louisiana. Can they get revenge, become bowl eligible and right the ship with a glimmer of hope at a division title?
- Troy Loss Falls on Coaching
- Defense Not Ready for the Hurry Up
- Offense Abandoned the Run Too Early
- Both Lines Have to Play Better to Beat ULM
- Stopping ULM Lies in Stopping Caleb Evans
- How Will the O-Line Hold up Without Dowdell?
- Bring on the Rain!
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. ULM
It is well with our souls! Georgia Southern is in the driver seat now for the East Division and a shot at the Sun Belt championship after a 24-21 win over App State last week. Matt and Cody recap the first victory in Boone since they were students back in 2007 and describe what they think is the blueprint for winning out and taking the Sun Belt crown. They also preview the most important game of the season — the next one — as the Eagles head to Troy, Alabama, to face the struggling Trojans.
- Blueprint for Winning: The Antithesis of the Sun Belt
- Wesley Kennedy III Continues to Shine
- Start the Petition: We Should Only Play in Bad Weather Moving Forward :)
- Eagles Don't Beat Eagles: Will Get Tougher as Target Is on Our Backs
- Troy Kicks off Four-Game Stretch Against Prolific Offenses
- Predictions: Georgia Southern vs. Troy