Only in 2020 would we be talking about a game that was scheduled less than 10 days from kickoff. Georgia Southern is now back to 12 games on its schedule after booking its seventh home game. Now, instead of an improbable three-week bye, the Eagles will host UMass Oct. 17.
- Jared Benko Is a Miracle Worker
- You Don't Book UMass Unless You're Confident We'll Win
- Getting to Know the Minutemen
- We Need a Blowout Victory — But What Would That Ultimately Mean?
- Will Playing UMass Help of Hurt Our Chances Against Coastal
- Secondary and Defensive Play Calling Needs Work
- Cody Goes Full Bad Cop While Matt Remains Hopeful
They say football is a game of inches. That was the case Oct. 3 as Georgia Southern narrowly escaped Monroe, Louisiana, with a win. Matt and Cody break down what went wrong in the final 20 minutes of the game and where we go from here, including some unknowns with our next opponent.
- Cardiac Eagles Theme Continues
- Offense Played Well Other Than Final Two Drives
- Why Were King and Kennedy Not Out for the Final Drive?
- Defense: Why Can't We Close out Halves and Games?
- Problems with Defense Isn't a Talent Issue
- Mix of Pass and Run: What's the Right Ratio?
- Hate Week/Week and a Half/Two Months
- Benefits of Playing App in December
- Coastal Carolina May Be Best Team in the Sun Belt
It wasn't the final result we wanted, but there are a lot of positives to take away from last week's 20-18 loss to a ranked Louisiana team. Will Georgia Southern be able to maintain the same intensity this week against a bad ULM team as the Eagles head back to the Bayou State for the second straight week?
- Finding Positives in a Gut-wrenching Loss
- Key Moving Forward Is Consistency and Finishing Drives
- Offensive Play Calling and Getting Kennedy Touches
- Defensive Play Improved
- The Catch and the Two-Point Conversion
- Georgia Southern on Wrong End of Lucky Kick
- ULM Preview: Keys to a Blowout Victory
Things just got very interesting! With the news breaking that the No. 19 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns will be without some key starters for Saturday's game, we welcome in Josh from the Ragin Review Podcast, the fan podcast of Louisiana football.
- Beyond Elijah Mitchell: Key Starters Out for Cajuns
- How Will a Young and Inexperienced Louisiana Secondary Factor in?
- Depth Behind Mitchell: How Much of a Drop off Is There?
- Shai Werts Could Have a Big Game
- Perception of Georgia Southern Amongst Louisiana Fans
- Confidence Level of Cajun Fans Heading Into Saturday
After an unanticipated "bye week," Georgia Southern hits the road for the first time in 2020 to open Sun Belt Conference play against No. 19 Louisiana. Was the postponed FAU game a blessing in disguise? How healthy of a team will we see back against the Ragin' Cajuns, and can the Eagles pull off the upset and get the third win over a ranked opponent in the FBS era? Matt and Cody discuss these topics and more!
- Was FAU Postponement a Positive or Negative?
- Campbell Looked Like an Inferior FCS Team Against Coastal
- Louisiana Struggled with GagSt: Do We Have a Chance?
- Keys to a Victory Against the Ragin' Cajuns
- We Must Maintain Intensity for 60 Minutes