Things just got very interesting! With the news breaking that the No. 19 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns will be without some key starters for Saturday's game, we welcome in Josh from the Ragin Review Podcast, the fan podcast of Louisiana football.
- Beyond Elijah Mitchell: Key Starters Out for Cajuns
- How Will a Young and Inexperienced Louisiana Secondary Factor in?
- Depth Behind Mitchell: How Much of a Drop off Is There?
- Shai Werts Could Have a Big Game
- Perception of Georgia Southern Amongst Louisiana Fans
- Confidence Level of Cajun Fans Heading Into Saturday
After an unanticipated "bye week," Georgia Southern hits the road for the first time in 2020 to open Sun Belt Conference play against No. 19 Louisiana. Was the postponed FAU game a blessing in disguise? How healthy of a team will we see back against the Ragin' Cajuns, and can the Eagles pull off the upset and get the third win over a ranked opponent in the FBS era? Matt and Cody discuss these topics and more!
- Was FAU Postponement a Positive or Negative?
- Campbell Looked Like an Inferior FCS Team Against Coastal
- Louisiana Struggled with GagSt: Do We Have a Chance?
- Keys to a Victory Against the Ragin' Cajuns
- We Must Maintain Intensity for 60 Minutes
The Georgia Southern game against Florida Atlantic has been postponed after a slew of positive COVID-19 tests from players and coaches within the FAU program. Shane Marinelli, FAU insider and host of Inside the Burrow, joins Matt to shed some light on the situation and discuss why the game was postponed less than 30 hours before kickoff. The Eagles now look ahead to opening Sun Belt play on the road against reigning West Division champs Louisiana Sept. 26.
- Welcome FAU Insider Shane Marinelli to the Show
- Why Did FAU Continue on After a Dozen Positive Tests?
- Was Going Back the Practice Wednesday the Right Move?
- It's Becoming Increasingly Difficult to Play Games
- Game Tentatively Scheduled for Dec. 5: Will It Happen?
- Looking Ahead to Louisiana
So the Campbell game didn't go as planned for several reasons, but we escaped with a win. Now Georgia Southern prepares for a much tougher opponent in 2019 C-USA champion Florida Atlantic. How many of the 33 inactive players from the Campbell game will be back? How will we bounce back and respond after a lackluster showing against an FCS team? Matt and Cody try to make sense of a disappointing Week 1 and look ahead to our matchup with FAU.
- Disappointing Showing Against Campbell
- Unanswered Questions About COVID Contact Tracing
- Did the Players Know So Many Wouldn't Play?
- Defensive Backfield Looked Lost All Game
- Grading the Offense in Week 1 After More Passing
- Previewing FAU with a New Coach and QB
It’s FINALLY game week! After what has been a turbulent and uncertain offseason, Georgia Southern is set to play its first actual football game in a matter of a few days! Matt and Cody preview the newly revamped 2020 season and Georgia Southern’s opener against the Campbell University Fighting Camels.
- Scheduling Changes: BIG TIME Exposure Ahead
- Season Outlook: How Will the Season Play out?
- Measure of Success for 2020 Schedule
- It’s a Trap! GS Has Several Trap Games
- Previewing the Campbell Camels